Maryborough Music Conference 4 to 7 July 2023
The inaugural Maryborough Music Conference was held in 2001, becoming a biennial event in 2003. The first conference was designed to cater for beginning instrumental music teachers within the local education district, to network with colleagues and undertake professional development. In subsequent years, the Maryborough Music Conference continued to evolve, filling a gap in professional development for music educators and in providing unprecedented access to top national and international music educators, composers, conductors and industry professionals to become the largest music education event in Australia.
The conference covers all aspects of music education, including instrumental and choral conducting, local Curricula, pedagogy, inclusion, indigenous perspectives, technology and includes a trade exhibition that showcases the latest in products and services. The conference regularly brings together over 500 music education delegates, trade delegates and nationally and internationally renowned presenters, providing an unparalleled opportunity for networking of music educators, musicians and the music industry within Australia.
Conference delegates have access to:
- a selection of performance ensembles, with nationally and internationally recognised conductors, including Symphonic Winds, String Orchestra or Symphony Orchestra, Choir or Big Band. Delegates who nominate to be involved in these ensembles perform at the Gala Concert—a highlight of the conference
- over 100 sessions with multiple topic choices
- a trade exhibition showcasing the latest in products and services
- the Maryborough Music Conference App, allowing interactive communication throughout the conference and easy access to conference materials, resources, information and prizes.
Who Can Attend?
The Maryborough Music Conference is ideal for:
- classroom music educators (primary and secondary)
- instrumental Music teachers and instructors (state and private)
- music administrators
- community ensemble directors and conductors
- school ensemble conductors and choral directors
- university students with an interest in music education.
Sign up for Maryborough Music Conference updates
Maryborough Music Conference updates to receive the latest conference news and